Coffee and the Squirrel


You know through the years
I have learned that 
laughing is a great form 
of medicine.
It does not help with the pain,
it does not heal, but it does
allow you to forget the pain,
forget the illness at least for
a little bit. 


Yesterday I was down for the better
part of the day. 
That is how the fibro hits.
I was not in pain but fibro also
opens you up for a host of 
other issues.
My two biggest are
pain and 
fatigue .

When the fatigue hits it is 
unreal. 
Think in your mind what
the most worse fatigue
you have ever had and then 
multiply it by twice as
much. 

When it hits, my body crashes.
So getting up the day before thanks
to the fur babes at 5am, going
strong all day, setting up for the
event and working it...
I slept all day yesterday. 
The great part about it.....
I curled up on the glider on the 
deck, while Lily ran up and down
the screened in area watching birds
and squirrels, Dakota at moms
and I slept from 10 till 3.....
outside. 

Anyway, I am back to normal today. 
Enjoying coffee with the 
Peanuts Gang..
Lily and Dakota. 

Went to Dollar General store day
before yesterday and found
a new coffee mug
for Halloween.
Love it.


When I woke yesterday this is
what Lily had been
dealing with!





Brave brats!
I had fed the birds early that morning
so Lily could enjoy them but
I ran out of red pepper
that I had been mixing with 
the seeds. So that opened
up the feeding
for these rodents. 

Poor Lily will suffer. From past
experience I have had my issues
with these rodents and I stopped
feeding birds cause I did not want
these guys so close to the house.
I started back for Lily but...
I think it will have to stop. Last thing
I need is these critters getting into
my home again!

Anyway, me and the fur babes
are on the deck enjoying the fall
like breeze coming in.
Rain expected later today. 

Heading to moms in a bit
to bring in her house plants
off her deck for winter.
But until and after, at
least till the rain comes
in we can be found on the 
DECK!
I love this time of yr!

Check out Dakota and Lily's 
blog at 
http://pjack214.blogspot.com/2017/10/plays-hard.html



Comments

NanaDiana said…
Pam- I know the "awfulness" of fibro. I am so sorry you have to deal with it and, you are right, the exhaustion is as bad, if not worse than, the pain. Here's hoping for a period of remission for you. Happy Sunday and blessings- xo Diana
Sharon said…
At first glance I was going to say - "Not a good idea to feed the squirrel coffee."

Taking a nap isn't bad if you are prepared for it. It's when you're not that it can be a real problem.

I wouldn't want squirrels getting into my house, the occasional mouse problem is bad enough.

Have a good afternoon!
NanaDiana said…
I was sure I left you a comment before...not sure what happened to it.
Anyway, long comment shortened. I love this pot and I do think humor and laughter can help in any situation. xo Diana
MadSnapper said…
I am sure Lily loves her Squirrel TV channel.. and an outdoor snooze sounds good to me. if you were here you would have melted into a puddle in that amount of time.
H.R. Bennett said…
Hahaha. Silly little dorks.

But yea, you are completely correct. It's actually one of the reasons I've developed such a wonky sense of humor. :P
Rhodesia said…
Squirrels can become a big problem and I have only ever seen one here on a one off visit, of course here we have the quite cute little red squirrel. Our birds would certainly go short if there were many squirrels around here. Glad you managed to sleep, it must help if you can sleep through the worst of it but I know that you also have sleepless nights. Take care Diane
Liz A. said…
Uh oh, squirrels...
Ann said…
Too bad about the squirrels. They can be a problem. I would be out on the deck all day if ours was covered and screened in
Billie Jo said…
I hope you are feeling better...
And I love your mug!!!!!
Rain said…
I love this time of year too. :) I hope you're doing better Pam...that fatigue is something I can relate to after panic attacks. I can't do a thing for a whole day, it feels like I just ran a marathon with cement shoes on.

I had squirrels in the walls of one of my rentals, that was HELL. They chirped all night...it took a few weeks to trap them and relocate them...the dogs went nuts.
Debbie said…
silly little squirrel, mine have been running around the yard like crazy chasing each other!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom