Leonard - The Pot Belly Pig

Chris and I started dating basically
over the pigs!
LOL
 
I went to school with Chris' brother
and one day him and I started talking
on facebook.
 
One night
he chatted with me on facebook
 and was telling
me that he
was sitting out on
the deck and watching the
horses and pigs.
 
When questioned about that
I was invited out to photograph
them one day.
 
Animals and a chance
to photograph,
I went.
 
I have since learned that Arnold
(the biggest)
 

 
and Wilbur

 
were raised outside of the pen in
the yard.
 
Shortly before I went over, Maybelline
 
 
and Razor
 
 
broke out of the pen. They used to like
being in there but apparently the
decided it was time for a
break.
 
That left Leonard as being the
only pig left in the pen.
He never tried to break out.
I was told that he did not like
to be out and that he would not
come out.
 
But Leonard was looking slim,
there was no more grass in the pen so
I thought he just needed to get out
and eat all day like the others do.
 
So I went down, opened the pen and
told him if he wanted to eat, he
had to get out.
 
That was a couple of months ago.
He loves being out.
He has the best personality also.
 
Here Benjamin is sitting on
Leonards back.
 
 
 
And here he is styling in my sunglasses.

 
Look at that ham...oops, no
pun intended!

 
Just so you know....he has
fattened up. He loves being out
of the pen and if he hears my voice
or I call his name, he comes running...
yes, pigs do run, it is a funny site!
 
Here is Leonard waiting for me to come
off the deck. I think he thinks I am
his new mom!
 
 
 
LOL...I have to laugh myself when
I think about it...I would have NEVER
pictured me being around PIGS...
or feeding them,
let alone touching them.
 
But I have to say....Leonard won my
heart. He is my fav.
 
Thanks for stopping in,


 

Comments

what a cutie Leonard is! I've never really been around pigs, but I've heard they are smart. :)

love seeing your pics!
gail

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom