Could That Be The Reason I Am Not Married Anymore - Part 4

Check out the other entries for some
good laughs:
http://pam-lifethroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/2009/02/could-that-be-reason-you-are-not.html
http://pam-lifethroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/2009/04/could-that-be-reason-i-am-not-married.html
http://pam-lifethroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/2009/04/could-that-be-reason-i-am-not-married_24.html
and then for a really good read try this one
which should have been titled “Could That
be the Reason I Am Not Married Anymore-
The Skunk Roundup”
http://pam-lifethroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/2009/02/skunk-roundup.html

This piece took place early on in my marriage.
My ex and I were sitting in the living room
watching some TV when I decided I wanted
a glass of tea. I got up and headed to the kitchen,
stopping to ask the ex if he wanted anything. He
said that he would like a drink, but when pressed
for what he wanted, I could not get a straight
answer. We had milk, Kool aid and sweet tea
(what house in the south did not have sweet
tea in the 80’s?). But being that I could not get
a reply on which he wanted, I decided a mix
would work! Now mind you I did not get really
down right and gross by adding the milk but he
did get grape kool aid and sweet tea! Next time
I ask, best to give me a reply!

Things like this were a normal at my home. I
was not use to waiting on people nor was I use
to being the one to break someone of bad habits.
I had a few of my own and I did not need to be
in charge of correcting a man of his! Like leaving
a glass of milk sitting around to leave that ring
in the glass. After a couple of times of having
his drink served with a ring in a glass, he learned
to take that milk glass to the sink and rise it out
after its use!

Now, I lived at home before marrying so I was
not use to living with someone other then my
family so I had to learn someone else’s ways
just as I am sure it was not easy for him to learn
mine. I have always been the sort that can shut
down or get silent if things don’t go well or you
tick me off. I learned early on in our relationship
that my ex did not deal well with that one. I
remember him going off hunting with a friend
once and later that evening we were to be some
where else, he did not make it back. I was not a
happy camper. So when, really late he got home,
I was mad and silent. After an evening of that
and a whole day the next day I hear “yell at me
or something, I can’t take this silent treatment”.
It was not meant to be a treatment, it was my
way of dealing but it was also ammo when I was
told that statement!

Oh my gosh….could some of these be the reason
I am not married anymore??? LOL….

Thanks for stopping in,
Pam

Comments

Pam D said…
I can just see you getting all bowed up and serving the poor guy a "suicide". Hee! I'm glad you didn't put milk in it; that would NOT have been nice. I don't think anything you did was unreasonable; but yes, some of it (or all of it..) COULD be the reason that you aren't married anymore. And aren't you glad? hee!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom